Thursday 16 February 2012

Facebook Hoax's

  Last night, this status was making it's way around facebook;
URGENT!!! For all parents, Nestle is asking for everyone to return all GERBER BANANA BABY FOOD expiring 2012 because they may contain glass. Please copy and paste for all babies safety. Batch code 7613033089 73, even if you're not a parent please copy you could save a baby's life
 It looks pretty believeable. They include the expiry date, batch code.. play on peoples feelings by saying that you could save a babies life.. I myself posted this, in multiple places. Moms forums online, my own forum online (deleted when I found out it was a hoax). I posted it as my status on 2 of my facebook accounts. I was genuinly concerned and trying to warn and help people.
And then I was told that this was all a hoax.  http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/facebook/ss/GerberBananaBabyFoodRecall.htm

 Why do people do this? Honestly, by crying wolf over and over - because this isn't the first time something like this has circulated and been shown to be untrue - nobody is going to believe these things one day. Then what? Someone could get really hurt!
 So to all you people out there (myself included), if you see something on your facebook that talks about a recall or missing person or whatever... Google it, look for the story on a news site before passing it along, because things like this would be on the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment