Monday 16 January 2012

2 New Additions

So yesturday I recieved a text just as we were getting ready to leave for Denfield stating that my friends cat had passed away that morning. This was the friend we were going to be visiting, but she wasn't feeling like a visit after that mornings events. We texted back and forth for a while, I offered to bring her a new kitty or a fish or something, she asked for a Betta, so off to the pet store we went to get her a Crowntailed Betta fish.
Of course.. While we were at the pet store getting this fish, we decided to have a look at the goldfish they had. Miles loves fish so much and we had some before.. they were eaten by one of our cats though. I decided that if we were to get fish, we needed a tank with a lid, and a filter. So we found a start up tank that was on sale (with pet perks) for 50 bucks, got some gravel, shells, faux plants, and something for the fish to swim through, and went and picked out which fish to bring home. We decided on a bubble-eyed calico looking fish, and a goldfish with a black stripe on its head, a moustache and black tipped fins. Both are fan-tails. We then bought them and brought them home, where we set up their tank and placed them (in their bag) in the water so everything could adjust and settle. We then headed off to Denfield to bring my friend her fish and visit with her for the afternoon.
While we were there, we decided to let Miles play outside in the snow since he'd wanted to make "paw prints", but not long after we'd gone out, we were headed back inside with Miles bawling his little eyes out. We had been heading across the field toward a spring, with the ground frozen and the snow covering it, you couldn't see where the divets for the crops were. Miles stepped forward and tripped on a mound of dirt and soon discovered that snow is freezing cold. And with that.. we were headed back to the house.
We didn't stay super long, but the few hours we spent there were very nice.
When we came out to the car to head home, I looked to the sky. I had forgotten what it was like to be able to see the stars. It's been years since I had been in the country last. But to this day, the starry night sky, in the countrys wide open fields, is my favourite sight. I could lay under the stars for hours just watching.
I can't wait to have my own country home!
We packed up the car and were soon on our way. Once we'd gotten home, Miles was sent to bed. He'd fallen asleep in the car and wanted nothing to do with anything, so it wasn't a struggle to get him to sleep. Deven and I then made a chicken dinner for ourselves and sat in the livingroom watching the fish, pondering what to name the 2 little additions. We decided to call the calico looking fish Rufio, and the other MoMo.
And that's that! That was our day yesturday! My computer isn't home with us, but it's being fixed! The only unfortunate bit is that I'd forgotten to print an important letter so hopefully it's still there when we get the computer back. If not then I suppose that's my own fault and I'll just have to rewrite it.

Today; I'll be visiting with a friend of mine who lives practically next door. It'll be nice to see her, it's been too long since we last got together.

I hope you all enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment