Monday 2 January 2012

January 2012

January 2012.. Wow.. I can't believe how quickly time flies. Can you?
This year feels so care-free. No worries. It will be such a change from the year before.
I wake up each morning feeling happy, and excited to see where the day leaves me next.
My 3 year old son is growing bigger each day.. to think that this time last year, was the last we ever saw of his Father. I don't understand how so many people can just walk in and out of peoples lives. As if they never mattered. Well it's all behind us now. Senseless to dwell on the past.
My own Father has gone through major changes as well. I rarely see him nowadays. Sometimes I feel as if he died with the marriage.

For those of you who don't know me, my name to you, is Espyridion. It means "little spirit". I chose this name as I feel it suits me. I'm young, and many would probably agree if I described myself as naive. I've been through a lot in my short 20 years. At 11 years old, a student in my class was in a car accident and unfortunately, passed away. The following year, my teacher from the year before, commit suicide. I spent the next 2 years being suspended every month, and by Grade 9 I was on the brink of expulsion. When I was just 17, I had my son. I dropped out of school to raise him as a stay at home Mother. School really wasn't working for me anyways. By the time he was a year old his Father had left us twice. The relationship was abusive, but it took him leaving us twice more before I finally realised I... no.. WE deserved much better then what we had.  In 2010 we got our first apartment. I'd always said I'd be out on my own by 19.

In my new found freedom, I became a little premiscuous. By October 2010, I'd calmed down, thinking I was entering a relationship with a steady guy. Unfortunately for me, this was not the case. I ended up pregnant, and after learning a few things about this "new" guy, left him, and was once again alone. Back where I'd started. I arranged for an adoption to take place, and by July 2011, gave birth and gave a wonderful family the gift of a child of their own.

While I've experienced a lot through the past years, I feel that I'm meant for something bigger. Theres something more for me to experience. Come with me on this journey, who knows. Maybe this year will be it. Maybe this year, will be the year that changes my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment