Saturday 7 January 2012

Turning over a new leaf

2012 really has so far proven to be a year that changes me little by little. Just this week alone I've already learned a few things about myself.
1. My wording can often be misunderstood, insensitive, or hurtful.
2. I appear aggressive to others when there is a disagreement in which I take part (online).
3. I learn best when I'm approached in a more gentle manner, and with smaller words, as my vocabulary isn't very large.
4. I appear to many as a drama queen.

I've decided that my goal this year, will be to retrain myself in a sense. I'd like to change my reputation as a drama queen as I really don't feel that is truly me. I want to learn more words to expand my vocabulary so that I'm not using slang that may offend others. I want to make more friends so that I don't feel as though I am relying on forums or chatrooms for social interaction. And I want to learn to be able to accept that others will and do, have different opinions then myself.

I am young, and do have a lot to learn. I've recognised this in the past. I realise that for a nearly 21yr old Mother, I still have a lot of growing up to do. I think it's time we started to take a few steps away from Neverland.

No comments:

Post a Comment