Tuesday 10 January 2012

BEWARE OF THIS VIRUS!

Hey followers.
Unfortunately, my computer has completely crashed. I logged on this morning to check facebook and various forums, and boom.. hit with a virus. I don't know how I got it, where it came from, but it's crashed my browser completely. The virus is called "XP Antivirus 2012" and cleverly designed to hide as an anti-virus software. Its undetectable by Avast, and if you click the link to get rid of it, it takes you to a page requesting your credit card number to pay for 1 year, 2 years, or lifetime virus protection software. Beware of this! The prices say they are a "pay once" type of deal.. well.. I dunno, but 80 bucks for a lifetime garuntee of anti-virus software is a little fishy to me... DO NOT FALL FOR THIS PEOPLE!
So I will be taking my computer to a friends house this Saturday (if they can't pick it up today) to have it rebuilt and fixed.
Keep checking back as I'll try to post when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment