Wednesday 18 January 2012

Well.... Shit Happens..

Ah Man.. what a day.
The buildings power was cut from 9am until 2:30pm. To fill the time, Miles and I brought out playdoh and books and tried to keep busy. Unfortunately, the excitement my little man had about playdoh and I spy books, quickly ran out and once again he sat there looking as though he might die from boredom. We decided to play a game of hide and seek, but he was soon distracted by the sight of one of his favourite movies, left out from the day before. Madagascar.
Soon he was rushing to my side, asking to watch the movie. However, with the power being out I had to try and explain to him that he couldn't watch it just yet, but later. Of course he didn't quite understand and started crying.
After what seemed like ages of trying to distract my little munchkin from his dramatic display over his inability to watch a movie, the power was finally restored.
Miles was so excited to watch his movie. I got up and turned on the TV only to find that the power being out all day had totally screwed everything up. I ended up having to re-route everything just to get cable working again! And my DVD/VCR? Yea it's toast. Completely fried. It doesn't register when you push the buttons, and if you try turning it off, the DVD side still says "power-on".
Unfortunately, Madagascar is inside the player so I can't just chuck it... It will have to be taken apart or something...
So thats now the 3rd thing to crap out on us this month. Our toaster decided to be a little pickier then regular toasters and you now have to hold down the button in order for the toast to get toasted... My computer fried and is still out being fixed... and now the DVD/VCR is finished.
Originally I was pretty pissed, but now... well... shit happens.

On the plus side!
My friend Tia is here and we're totally going to make cake cookies and they are going to be amazingly awesome and stuffs. So Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment